Add Mexican flair to fresh local corn for an easy and delicious summer side.
Mexican Grilled Corn
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste if you like more spice
- 4 ears of corn, husked
- 8 tablespoons finely shredded Cotija cheese
- 1 lime, quartered
- Chopped fresh cilantro, as garnish (optional)
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Combine mayonnaise, yogurt and chili powder in a small bowl.
3. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until marked and tender, 8 to 12 minutes total. Spread each ear with 1 tablespoon of the sauce and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Cotija and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.Print
Cotija cheese is a Mexican cheese commonly available in two forms: When aged it is similar in texture and flavor to Parmesan. The fresher, softer version of Cotija can also be used for this recipe. It's similar in texture and flavor to Feta cheese.